Hard water stain removal services can make your commercial building look better than it has in years. When hard water dries on glass surfaces, it leaves mineral deposits behind. Over time those deposits build up and result in unsightly stains that diminish the appearance of your building and spoil outdoor views. If left in place, these deposits can eventually cause permanent damage to windows.
If you own a high-rise building, multi-family complex, historic structure, or some other commercial facility, Presto’s hard water stain removal services can restore your building’s windows to their original condition, leaving a good impression with tenants and visitors alike. Together with regular glass maintenance, you can keep your building’s windows free from corrosion, discoloration, and other damage while extending their lifespan, saving thousands of dollars in costly glass replacement.
What Causes Window Hard Water Stains?
Hard water stain removal services are a fantastic solution for restoring windows affected by daily exposure to:
- Pre-cast leaching and run-off
- Glazing breakdown
- Misdirected sprinklers
- Irregular window cleaning
- Gutter leaks
- Metal oxidation from window frames and components
The most common culprit for window staining is water, specifically mineral-laden water that’s been left to dry on the glass. The calcium and magnesium that are present in what’s commonly called “hard water” cause the stains you often see on commercial buildings as well as residential homes. Many people don’t realize glass is a porous material and that dirt, grime, and other substances can obscure its visibility and leave permanent etching.
How Hard Water Stain Removal Services Get the Job Done
Presto Restoration specializes in hard water stain removal services that:
- Safely remove hard water stains.
- Use window-safe tools and techniques to remove mineral deposits without scratching the glass surface.
- Employ safe cleaning solutions, including our proprietary, acid-free EnviRestore® Glass Stain Remover that removes stubborn hard water stains without the use of machinery. This water-based product has a 3-year shelf life and deftly removes common corrosion and stains caused by hard water.
Presto’s hard water stain removal and glass restoration and protection products are the best way to say goodbye to hard water problems on your building’s windows and other glass surfaces.
How to Prevent Hard Water Stains on Your Commercial Structure
Three of the easiest ways to prevent hard water stains from damaging your building’s windows are:
- Eliminating, if possible, the source of the water causing the staining. For example, you can redirect or move irrigation systems and sprinkler heads.
- Scheduling regular window cleaning.
- Protecting glass surfaces by applying special coatings that provide years of protection before they need to be reapplied.
Presto Restoration’s Hard Water Stain Removal Services
We always recommend following up your hard water stain removal services with glass protection solutions designed to extend the lifespan of your commercial building’s windows.
- Glass Defender® HD. This invisible, high-quality coating protects glass surfaces from damaging elements while preventing scratches for up to 20 years.
- Glass Defender® MD. This product offers everything Glass Defender HD does but prevents scratching for up to 10 years.
Our highly skilled technicians use a wide range of stain removal tools and techniques developed to handle even the toughest hard water stain removal jobs, including:
- Aerial work platforms such as articulating booms with multiple moveable sections, scissor lifts, and telescopic booms.
- Swing stages suspended from beams.
- Rappelling when space doesn’t permit a stage setup.
- Cranes with a basket or cage for hard-to-reach areas, such as unique or angled rooflines.
Presto Restoration’s expertly trained technicians thrive on challenges and can skillfully remove stubborn hard water stains from all your building’s windows and other glass surfaces. There’s absolutely no reason to accept the unsightly appearance of hard water stains on your commercial structure! Professional hard water stain removal services will have your windows shining their brightest and looking their best in no time at all. If you need commercial glass restoration and protection services call us at 1-800-785-9927 or request a quote.