A concrete waterproofing contractor will help you protect your commercial building. Think of all the time, effort, and money that went into designing and constructing your commercial structure. Whether your concrete building or parking garage is one, two, or a hundred floors in height, water penetration can wreak devastation on your valuable investment. Roofs, foundations, windows, balconies, and sealed joints are all prime areas for water intrusion. Once a leak starts to form in any of these areas, it continues to cause damage until the problem is addressed.
Waterproofing your high-rise office building, healthcare facility, multi-family complex, historic structure, or other commercial structure protects it from water intrusion and its adverse impact. Presto Restoration has nearly 30 years of experience as a concrete waterproofing contractor. We offer expert advice and perform exceptional waterproofing services for all types and sizes of commercial buildings.
Benefits of Concrete Waterproofing
Waterproofing is a great way to increase your concrete building’s lifespan. Concrete sealants are available in a variety of applications to achieve the desired effect and results. There are plenty of benefits to waterproofing concrete structures, including:
- Preserve the building’s structural integrity by keeping water from being absorbed into the concrete.
- Enhanced indoor air quality as standing water, a well-known breeding ground for mold and microorganisms, is prevented from occurring.
- Keeping your building compliant with local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
Proactive Care Saves You Money
If you fail to take action before your building’s concrete is damaged, here’s just some of what can happen:
- Ceiling water leaks can cause ceiling tiles to give way, causing flooding, water damage to equipment and furnishings, and possibly injuring your employees. If you notice a ceiling leak but “solve” it by placing a bucket underneath it, you’re definitely looking at a more costly fix down the road.
- Standing water at your building’s foundation weakens the concrete and can allow water to seep into building infrastructures like your HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Small window and roof leaks don’t heal themselves, which means they only get worse. Related problems include bacterial and insect infestation. Who wants or needs that? Certainly not your customers or tenants!
- Roof leaks during storms can lead to severe damage to the roof’s seams, decks, and mechanical fasteners, resulting in costly repairs and restorations.
Your best course of action? Be proactive and waterproof your building before the concrete is damaged. That can include steps like replacing old caulking before there’s a leak and regularly cleaning and sealing the building’s envelope.
Best Time to Waterproof Concrete Structures
Not all conditions are ideal for concrete waterproofing. While it’s certainly possible to waterproof a concrete building any time of the year, it’s best to perform waterproofing services while the weather is moderate. Severe weather conditions or freezing temperatures are best avoided when it comes to concrete waterproofing.
There are multiple reasons for waterproofing concrete during cooler temperatures. For instance, the concrete substrate’s temperature is one of the most important factors to consider when applying a sealant. While most coatings are designed for application at temperatures between 50 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit, some respond better than others to colder temps.
If you want or need to coat at lower temperatures, here’s how to handle different sealant applications.
- Use elastomeric coatings for thermal movement. They help accommodate movement and provide a consistent protective film while preventing water intrusion and protecting against freeze-thaw damage.
- Be sure all chemical residue is removed from the structure. Particularly in cold climates, vertical concrete like that used in parking garages and parking lots can be exposed to chemicals and salts that leave a residue. Any residue should be removed before weatherproofing the surface.
- Temperature changes cause all sealants and coatings to change in viscosity. In cold weather, some may become thicker and more difficult to apply. At the other extreme, coatings applied to a structure that’s in direct sunlight or very hot may dry too rapidly, fail to adhere properly, and produce an undesirable finish.
Why Hire a Professional Concrete Waterproofing Contractor
Presto provides concrete waterproofing services that help your structure stand the test of time. Having a professional concrete waterproofing contractor do the work ensures:
- Proper cleaning techniques are used to prepare the surface.
- The right types of caulking and coatings are applied.
- Mitigation of future costly repairs and reconstruction.
- Decreased liability.
- Retention of your building’s value.
We offer exceptional waterproofing solutions for all types of concrete structures, including:
- Office buildings
- Parking structures
- Multi-unit housing
- Historic buildings
- Hospitals and medical centers
- Retail shopping centers
- Parking structures
- Bridges, culverts, curb inlets, and catch basins
- Sound and retaining walls
For more than 25 years, Presto’s skilled technicians have been delivering the exceptional waterproofing services your building needs and deserves. If you need concrete restoration and protection services call us at 1-800-785-9927 or request a quote.