Waterproofing contractor companies are the smart choice for getting the best results when renovating a historic commercial building. When constructing a new commercial building, contractors typically look to outside waterproofing contractor companies to help guard their significant investment. They know that hiring an experienced professional to protect their new building’s glass, stone, and metal surfaces from exposure, loss, and damage preserves the structure’s architectural integrity and keeps it looking great for years to come.
Contractors renovating an older or historic building should also give serious consideration to bringing in a waterproofing contractor company that specializes in landmark structure restoration services. Here’s why.
Why Contract Out Historic Building Waterproofing Services
When it comes to historic restoration, professional waterproofing ensures the renovations made are long-lasting, attractive, and durable, preventing water and air seepage into the building for many decades. The process is quite involved and requires specialized knowledge of techniques, tools, and products. A historic waterproofing contractor like Presto Restoration knows precisely what it takes to waterproof and preserve historic buildings.
The top three reasons for contracting our waterproofing services to a specialist are:
- Speed. Because a professional historical restoration company uses state-of-the-art techniques, you’re assured of having the work done in the most efficient manner possible. Most if not all older buildings require cleaning services prior to sealing. Which cleaning process you choose typically depends on the type of material the building’s constructed with. For instance, brick cleaning can’t begin until you identify the nature or source of the building’s staining or soiling. Experienced crews can quickly determine what’s needed to remove different types of stains like soot, smoke, organic plant matter, and biological growths.
- Cost. There are two cost-saving advantages to contracting out your historic structure waterproofing services. The first is the money you save by hiring professionals who complete the project in a timely manner. The second is from avoiding the high cost of water damage down the road. Along with damage to the structure itself, water damage, visible mold, and dampness can have a significant impact on occupants’ health.
- Results. Historic buildings contain original materials and features that aren’t easily replaced. Waterproofing services performed by an experienced restoration and preservation company ensure your historic structure remains safe.
Not too long ago, Presto Restoration provided exterior restoration and waterproofing services for the Hotel Roxy Lofts, a historic apartment building in Atlanta, GA. The six-month project involved removing, replacing, and restoring the original windows to full use, as well as waterproofing the windows and re-caulking between the flashing and roof and metal-to-metal joints in the parapet wall and the roof parapet. Finally, our skilled team carefully repointed all areas where the mortar and joints were cracked, sealing them against future intrusion. In the hands of a less-experienced team, this job would have taken a lot longer, and some restoration work details might have been missed.
Different Types of Surfaces Need Different Weatherproofing Processes
Every older or historic building can be restored and preserved if the proper waterproofing methods, coatings, and caulk are used. Which treatments we use depends on various factors.
- Protective coatings like silicone elastomeric wall coating give a historic structure the protection it needs to defend against water leaks and maintain its beautiful appearance for years.
- Caulking services, including control joint caulking seal gaps to make sure your historic building is air and watertight. They can also increase property value, contribute to energy savings, and make the building’s interior more comfortable and healthy for occupants.
Sealant and caulking services are a specialty at Presto Restoration, and our technicians are highly skilled in restoring and protecting historic structures while preserving their heritage value.
Presto’s Expertise and Experience Working With Contractors
Experienced waterproofing contractor companies know that historic building restoration and preservation is complicated work, and not all restoration companies can perform the job correctly and efficiently. Choosing the right waterproofing contractor to work with you on your historic building renovation is critical to maintaining your property’s value and aesthetics.
Presto Restoration uses only the most modern equipment to clean, seal, and preserve older buildings. Our proprietary products clean and prepare historic surfaces for our high-performance sealers that protect against water penetration.
Age, moisture, neglect, pollutants, and deferred maintenance can eventually damage a historic structure. For over 25 years, Presto Restoration’s restoration and preservation services for historic buildings have preserved and protected multiple building materials, including mortar systems, wood, and stained glass window systems. No matter what type of historic building you’re renovating and want to restore and protect, our waterproofing services are guaranteed to preserve your structure for decades. Contact us today by calling 1-800-785-9227 or request a quote.