Strong and great for many applications, GFRC paneling is often used for the facades of modern commercial buildings. While the material does have its downsides, they’re fairly simple to remedy when GFRC protection sealing preservations services are employed.
What is GFRC?
Glass fiber reinforced concrete is a cement-based composite material that’s been reinforced with alkali-resistant glass fibers. These fibers perform similarly to reinforcing steel but add flexural, tensile, and impact strength to the concrete, stone, or masonry paneling. In addition to facade wall panels, builders often use GFRC to create what’s known as “decorative concrete products” like fireplace surrounds and concrete countertops.
Made from a mixture of fine sand, cement, polymer, and water, GFRC can be compared to chopped fiberglass like that used in boat hulls and other complex 3D shapes, even though it’s a weaker material.
Benefits of GFRC Protection Sealing Preservation Services
Some of the many benefits of GFRC include:
- Ability to construct lightweight panels that are much thinner and lighter than traditional concrete panels.
- High compressive, flexural, and tensile properties that makes concrete flexible and resistant to cracking.
- Its impressive strength due to the use of alkali-resistant glass fibers, which protect against breakage and cracking.
It’s essential to hire a professional with the right products and techniques to perform sealing preservation services for your commercial structure.
Presto Restoration’s GFRC Protection Sealing Preservation Services
Presto provides GFRC protection sealing preservation services for both new construction and existing buildings.
- New office buildings, apartment buildings, tilt-up buildings, and more now use GFRC in their construction and need to be sealed for optimal protection.
- Sealing preservation is a proactive approach for protecting and prolonging the life of older buildings. You can even change your building’s appearance with a new color or mix of colors.
Like most cement, stone, and masonry building materials, GFRC rarely receives regular maintenance. This can result in an unsightly mottled or streaky look, even shortly after installation. Natural efflorescence from the hydration process can also leave streaks and deposits on the panels. Once GFRC panels are correctly cleaned and sealed, they’re more attractive to look at and are protected against future restoration projects.
Depending on the type and level of staining, Presto’s GFRC restoration services include:
- Cleaning, including high-pressure and chemical treatments.
- Caulking to prevent moisture intrusion.
- Sealing with either a clear or colored sealant to change the look of your building’s GFRC panels.
We’re proud to say the results we achieve with our GFRC restoration services often exceed our clients’ expectations!
Protective treatments for GFRC include acrylic to siloxane-based solutions, but we generally recommend our clients choose silicone treatments for preservation purposes. Once we’ve cleaned and restored your building’s GFRC panels, we then apply a final treatment that:
- Prevents mineral leaching that so often causes stubborn stains on windows and aluminum window frames.
- Protects the facade from surface damage.
- Preserves your restoration investment.
What to Look For in a GFRC Restoration Provider
If you’re looking for a company that provides exceptional GFRC cleaning and sealing services, no one outperforms Presto Restoration. We supply a full range of GFRC protection sealing preservation services that help property owners and managers protect their significant investment. As experienced GFRC cleaning contractors, we have the necessary knowledge, tools, and equipment to get the job done right.
When we undertake a GFRC cleaning and sealing project, we conduct a performance test for the process we intend to use to ensure the desired results are achieved. It’s this attention to detail that has made us the GFRC sealing contractor of choice across the country. We’re committed to educating owners and managers on the benefits of installing protective treatments on their building’s GFRC facades, including preventing future restoration projects.
We hope this in-depth look at GFRC protection sealing preservation services helps you better understand why it’s vital to protect and maintain your building’s GFRC cladding. In addition to our comprehensive GFRC restoration services, Presto offers an extensive range of stone restoration, maintenance, and cleaning services, including:
- Concrete cleaning, sealing, and restoration
- Brick cleaning and restoration
- Masonry cleaning and restoration
- Limestone cleaning and restoration
- Natural stone cleaning, maintenance, and restoration
- Precast cleaning and restoration
- Clean and seal services
- Waterproof coating services, including exterior painting, industrial coatings, weatherproof coating, deck coating, painting & coating, vehicular traffic bearing coating, and concrete sealing.
Each and every one of our professional cleaning, sealing, and restoration services produce attractive commercial buildings and other structures surfaces that look great for years to come. We aim to help our clients keep their customers and residents happy and safe while maintaining their building’s appearance and structural integrity. We’d love to do the same for you! Give us a call at 1-800-785-9927 or request a quote.